Well, we survived week 2 of Whole30. For me, this week was much more difficult than WEEK 1. I think maybe the lack of daily vanilla latte (all that sugar) may have taken a toll this week. I had a couple of killer headaches and a couple of moments of bad attitudes where I just really wanted a chunk of bread and a piece of chocolate. Which is weird for me because I've always been more of a salty person that sweets person. I'm blaming my lack of lattes again.
Anyway, that said, the end of the week was much better. My energy was up, my attitude was much better and no more headaches. Oh, and my sleep has drastically improved! All good things.
So on to the food. This week was full of leftovers and trying to find tasty ways to use them.
Lunch: baked sweet potato with ground beef taco meat, salsa, cilantro, onion and "dump ranch"
Dinner: leftover lunch because it was huge but I fried an egg on top to change it up
Breakfast: 1/2 banana and handful of blueberries with a two-egg omelette topped with pan seared filet from last week's dinner & a little green onion
Lunch: shredded salad with greens, onion, carrots, radishes, 1/2 a sliced avocado and a sliced grilled chicken thigh with a lime squeeze and balsamic vinegar for dressing
Dinner: pecan crusted mahi mahi topped with pineapple salsa (fresh pineapple, cilantro, jalapeno and onion) over cauliflower rice and steamed broccoli
Breakfast: 2 soft boiled eggs, blueberries and a sliced of leftover brisket
Lunch: packed my lunch for a trip to the zoo, plantain chips, blueberries and carrots, an avocado hard boiled eggs in my favorite lunchbox from PlanetBox
Dinner: over baked hashbrowns topped with sausage and kalua pork and eggs with a little salsa, fresh broccoli and celery with almond butter (worst meal to date and my mood was in the dumps because I wanted Mexican food)
Breakfast: hard boiled egg (Instant Pot) with bananas, blackberries, strawberries and blueberries
Lunch: green leaf lettuce salad topped with strawberries, cucumber, onion, hard boiled egg and sliced natural deli chicken breast
Dinner: bunless burger wraps with green leaf lettuce, 2 sliders, tomato, onion, radishes and a fried egg with oven roasted potato fries
Breakfast: bananas, strawberries, blueberries and blackberries with pan fried leftover roasted potatoes topped with a fried egg with green onion and sprinkle of dried jalapeno powder and salt & pepper
Lunch: oven roasted potato fries, Classen pickle spear and an Applegate turkey dog topped with TJ's sauerkraut, onions and Siegi's mustard (love this lunch)
Dinner: chopped green leaf salad topped with strawberries, carrots, onions, deli chicken breast, blueberries and a hard boiled egg with "dump ranch"
Breakfast: bananas, strawberries, blackberries and tangelo wedges, sugar-free bacon and waffled TJ's hashbrowns topped with 2 poached eggs
Lunch: shredded lettuce topped with sardine salad (eww, I know but it's supposed to be super healthy and I figured it couldn't be worse than kipper snacks), carrots and TJ's plantain chips
Dinner: oven roasted spiralized sweet potatoes mixed with potato fries, topped with kalua pork (seriously, it made so much and we still have more in the freezer), guacamole, leftover pineapple salsa (from Tuesday's dinner) and a little salsa
Breakfast: leftover roasted sweet potato and potato fries topped wtih 2 fried eggs and green onion
Lunch: at my parent's, my dad made pot roast with carrots, potatoes and green beans and a side of fruit salad! All things I could eat. My dad rocks.
Dinner: small salad with carrots, cucumbers, onion, 1/2 a hard boiled egg and a little deli chicken breast with 1/2 baked sweet potato topped with kalua pork, onion and guacamole
So there's that. Whew.
- In keeping with week 1, here are some things I learned from week 2
- leftovers are time and sanity savers and even better when you can change them up
- I wish I had our chickens still because eggs, eggs and more eggs
- not being able to have something makes me want it even more - hi, I'm 5 or something
- green onions are good with just about anything
- so is cilantro
- and quite possibly dump ranch
- black coffee is working on me and I can really taste the difference between bad coffee and good coffee, my favorite coffee right now is Jamaican Blue from Sprouts. So smooth.
- watching the local grocery ads means I can find the best deal on fruits and veggies and stock up for the week making meals so much easier and affordable (hence all the strawberries, blackberries and blueberries - yay sales!)
- since I can't really snack anymore, I've noticed my coffee consumption going up, I might need to work on that in week 3 and work more water in!
- I am sleeping like a ROCK. Every night. My sleep has never been so good.
- the halfway mark feels REALLY good.
- attitude is still everything. I had a pity party about not being able to go out anymore. And not that we can't, I'm sure there are things we could order, but the main reason to do Whole30 was to keep us home more so we're killing it there - zero restaurants in 2 weeks. Whoop. But man, it sure would be nice to sit and eat chips and salsa and queso, drink a margarita and let someone else take care of the cooking and dishes! haha Trying not to focus on that.
- lastly, my workouts are better. I feel more energy to do them, better endurance and stamina. Oh, and I got a Foam Roller and it's everything. Thank you, sister, for talking me into that purchase!